All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionTaking into account significant developments in the metaphysical thinking of E. J. Lowe over the past 20 years, More Kinds of Being:A Further Study of Individuation, Identity, and the Logic of Sortal Terms presents a thorough reworking and expansion of the 1989 edition of Kinds of Being<p> * Brings many of the original ideas and arguments put forth in Kinds of Being thoroughly up to date in light of new developments * Features a thorough reworking and expansion of the earlier work, rather than just a new edition * Reflects the author's conversion to what he calls 'the four-category ontology,' a metaphysical system that takes its inspiration from Aristotle * Provides a unified discussion of individuation and identity that should prove to be essential reading for philosophers working in metaphysics.
- Author Biography<p>E.J. Lowe (1950-2014) was Professor of Philosophy at the University of Durham. One of the foremost metaphysicians working in philosophy during his time, he was the author of numerous influential articles and books in metaphysics, philosophy of mind and the history of philosophy, including Kinds of Being (Blackwell, 1989) and, more recently, The Four-Category Ontology: A Metaphysical Foundation for Natural Science (2006).
- Author(s)E. J. Lowe
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/11/2009
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight524 g
- Width163 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.