More Morello Letters: Pen Pal to the Super Stars by Duncan McNair (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMrs Morello is a large Italian lady living with her confused, pear shaped husband and 3 children (Tosti, Amphora and Rizzo) in suburban Ealing where they run a little bakery, and also a menagerie of animals in the back garden. The ever inquisitive Morellos, prodigious letter writers, take it upon themselves to correspond with famous persons and institutions, from Tony Blair and George Bush to the Archbishop of Canterbury, Cliff Richard and Jeremy Paxman, from Arsenal FC, Gordon Ramsay, Cadbury's and Sainsbury's to the Lord Chancellor and the Bank of England; from Ambassadors, Lords, Cabinet Ministers and captains of industry to TV stars and celebrities; and from goat clubs to nudist camps - all in quests for answers from the experts to their endless domestic quandaries and misapprehensions about the British way of life, and in vain attempts to gain employment for their idling children. These hilarious letters, composed in the Morellos' bizarre English-Italian hybrid vernacular, and the plethora of genuine and often amazing responses actually received from the great and the good, follow a long and successful tradition of prankish correspondence as pioneered by Lazlo Toth, Henry Root and more recently Robin Cooper's Timewaster Letters . More Morello Letters is a good-natured exploration of British customs and idiosyncrasies, written with gentle and generous humour. It is that rarest of commodities: a humour book that is actually very funny. More Morello Letters - Pen Pal to the Super Stars is the successor volume to the highly acclaimed The Morello Letters.
- Author BiographyDuncan McNair is the youngest of 7 children of a renowned World War Two fighter pilot. He is a prominent lawyer practising in central London. He has conducted several landmark cases in London and in the European Court of Human Rights.
- Author(s)Duncan McNair
- PublisherMonster Publications
- Date of Publication16/07/2011
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationEaling
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMonster Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.