CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.65
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.31
About this product
- DescriptionCome island hop with me through the Samoas to Fiji, Tonga, and Niue - and on to the many French Pacific possessions including remote Wallis and Futuna. I have found after almost 40 years of travel through these islands that a great sense of pride and acceptance of newcomers continues to be expressed by the local populations to those who make the effort to become a part of their beautiful world. The expats who live here continue to work in lands they longer call foreign. Many marry locals, most drink in the downtown bars, and they all tell their stories. Yes, their stories - hilarious, heart-breaking, or thought-provoking - it is difficult to kw where fact ends and fiction begins, but all are unforgettable and all are true to the raconteur.
- Author BiographyGraeme Kennedy discovered the South Pacific after moving from his native Australia to New Zealand where he continued his long newspaper career working on mainstream daily and weekly publications and winning a major national journalism award. Auckland's proximity to the Pacific led him through work and pleasure to the islands he loves and he has visited most of them several times. In Samoa, Kennedy was honoured with a high chief title in recognition of his writing about the nation and its people.
- Author(s)Graeme Kennedy
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byJudith Sansweet
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.