Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionWriting rhymes began in 1945, my senior year at Nebraska University. The students were preparing a stage production to celebrate the end of World War II. I was asked to write a song and sing it. I did it and my joy in writing rhymes began. I don't think I ever sat down just for the purpose of writing a rhyme. There was always a motive like birthdays or special events. The cover of my first book and this one really sums it up-People, Places, Passion, Purpose. It wasn't very long that I learned my rhymes were best when inspired by God. The readers and time tell the most about a book. A priest that I kw called to tell me that he read The Parish Shepherd, the first thing each morning. A second priest said he used the poem TWO PLANS when he spoke to a group of ladies. In this book More Rhyme and Reason, the poems came from the same kind of inspirations. One of the best I have written is first in this book, The Politician. Some poems are happy rhymes, for birthdays or anniversaries. Some are of places traveled. I like to write rhymes that teach and hopefully there will be fulfillment. If a poet inspired me in my student days it was Longfellow. I have always strived to achieve a message with perfect rhyme and meter. If any reader of my writing is entertained and gratified, I have achieved my goal. Enjoy!
- Author(s)Russ Leger
- Date of Publication05/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.