All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionMore than Fifteen Minutes of Fame tracks screen performance's trajectory from dominant discourses of realism and authenticity towards increasingly acute degrees of self-referentiality and self-reflexivity. Exploring the symbiotic relationship between changing forms of onscreen representation and our shifting status as social subjects, the book provides an original perspective through international examples from cinema, experimental production, documentary, television, and the burgeoning landscape of online screen performance. In an emerging culture of participatory media, the creation of a screen-based presence for our own performances of identity has become a currency through which we validate ourselves as subjects of the contemporary, hyper-mediatized world. In this post-dramatic, post-Warhol climate, the author's contention is that we are becoming increasingly wedded to screen media - t just as consumers but as producers and performers.
- Author BiographyKen Miller lectures in film, television and screen arts at Curtin University in Western Australia. He has a background in film and television directing and producing, and his research interests include performances across a range of media.
- Author(s)Ken Miller
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication11/07/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleFilm Cultures
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight440 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.