Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.46
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.12
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
About this product
- DescriptionAward-winning photographer Tim Flach has spent years inquiring into the essential bond we have with animals. Now he presents the culmination of a career-long endeavor, an extraordinary body of work in which each image is more striking and powerful than the last.Just as did Flach's highly acclaimed previous books, Equus and Dogs, More than Human will amaze and inspire, in a constant affirmation of the animal, whether it be rare or common, powerful or defenseless, odd or majestic. The book showcases a menagerie of creatures--pandas, tigers, bats, lions, orangutans, cobras, bullfrogs, chimpanzees, wolves, porcupines, elephants, owls, armadillos, among many others--as they have never been seen before. Shedding light on Flach's images will be an accessible collection of texts, written and edited by author Lewis Blackwell. Praise for More Than Human: A gallery of animal portraits that are unlike anything we've seen before. --The Wall Street Journal His technique is impeccable; this is one of the most gorgeous photography books of the year. But what makes it more than a coffee-table trifle is the way Flach's images connect us--with near-tactile sensation and soulfulness--to the creatures on display. --NPR.org Arresting portraits that express photographer Flach's 'sense of wonderment in nature.' --People Astoundingly sharp images. - The San Francisco Chronicle Compelling and unexpected. --The Denver Post Treat yourself to the full glory of More Than Human, for the screen hardly does it justice. --Brain Pickings.com A book of animal photographs guaranteed to dazzle viewers with their color, detail, clarity and, most of all, their uncanny 'humanity.' -- BookPage
- Author BiographyTim Flach is an acclaimed photographer best known for the originality that he brings to capturing animal behavior and characteristics. Flach's previous books with Abrams are Equus and Dogs. Lewis Blackwell is the author of Abrams' The Life and Love of Cats.
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight3084 g
- Width305 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Photographer(s)Tim Flach
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.