Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionLearning the craft of English language teaching by trial and error can take a long time and involve considerable emotional wear and tear on teachers and students. This book accelerates the process by offering a n-technical introduction to English teaching geared toward native-English-speaking teachers working outside their home countries. This revised edition includes an expanded discussion of student directed language learning, workbook activities for volunteer teachers enrolled in courses or studying the book individually, and a full array of culture-based discussion topics for use as supplementary activities or core material for an English course. The book includes 16 chapters, organized as follows:* Chapters 1-6 cover issues of classroom survival: basic principles of language learning and teaching and course and lesson planning.* Chapters 7-14 discusses the language skills of listening, speaking, reading, writing, vocabulary, and grammar; the role of culture in language teaching; and some of the problems that recur in EFL classrooms.* Chapter 15 addresses adaptation to life in the host country.* Chapter 16 suggests paths for volunteers who become interested in being professional language teachers. This book also includes useful appendixes with a starter kit for course planning, culture-topic activity ideas for oral skills classes, and print and Internet resources for teachers and students.
- Author(s)Don Snow
- PublisherTeachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Incorporated (TESOL)
- Date of Publication30/01/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationAlexandria, LA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Incorporated (TESOL)
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.