All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a blueprint for becoming a champion, both on and off the field When Dayton Moore arrived in Kansas City in 2006, the Royals hardly resembled a contender. The general manager inherited a major league club that had just one winning season in the previous decade. Moore, a Kansas native who grew up as a Royals fan, implemented a plan to return the franchise to its glory years. Though t without a few bumps in the road, that plan came to fruition in 2014 and 2015, as the Royals reached the World Series both years and were corned 2015 World Series champions. In More Than a Season, Moore shares how his faith and leadership principles guided his rebooting of the Royals. The general manager describes how he built one of baseball's best farm systems and international scouting departments of out thing. He shares insight on how he persevered through six consecutive losing seasons and the critical response to controversial trades of Zack Greinke and Wil Myerstransactions that ultimately yielded the foundation of a champion. Full of never-before-told stories from inside the Royals organization More Than a Season features an introduction by William F. High, CEO of the National Christian Foundation Heartland. This updated edition features an all-new prologue and an additional chapter celebrating the 2015 World Series championship season.
- Author BiographyDayton Moore is the general manager of the 2015 World Series champion Kansas City Royals. Since taking over in 2006, Moore has rebuilt the Royals organization into one of baseball s best. He lives with his family in Leawood, Kansas.Matt Fulks is a freelance writer and editor and a regular contributor to various publications, including the Kansas City Star and Royals Baseball Insider magazine, the official publication of the Kansas City Royals. In recent years, he has also written for CBS Sportsline, the Denver Post, and USA Today Sports Weekly. He is the author or coauthor of 15 books, including projects with Royals legends Denny Matthews, Frank White, and Fred White. He lives in Overland Park, Kansas. A three-time All-Star and four-time Gold Glove winner, outfielder Alex Gordon has been one of the Royals best and most popular players during their back-to-back World Series campaigns. He resides in Kansas City, Missouri.As manager of the Kansas City Royals, Ned Yost has led the team to back-to-back World Series in 2014 and 2015. He resides in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Author(s)Dayton Moore,Matt Fulks
- PublisherTriumph Books (IL)
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTriumph Books (IL)
- Weight318 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Introduction byNed Yost
- Foreword byAlex Gordon
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.