All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a fully revised edition of one of the most successful volumes in the Cambridge Texts in the History of Political Thought series. Incorporating extensive updates to the editorial apparatus, including the introduction, suggestions for further reading, and foottes, this third edition of More's Utopia has been comprehensively re-worked to take into account scholarship published since the second edition in 2002. The vivid and engaging translation of the work itself by Robert M. Adams includes all the ancillary materials by More's fellow humanists that, added to the book at his own request, collectively constitute the first and best interpretive guide to Utopia. Unlike other teaching editions of Utopia, this edition keeps interpretive commentary - whether editorial antations or the many pungent marginal glosses that are an especially attractive part of the humanist ancillary materials - on the page they illuminate instead of relegating them to endtes, and provides students with a uniquely full and accessible experience of More's perennially fascinating masterpiece.
- Author BiographyGeorge M. Logan is James Cappon Professor of English Language and Literature (Emeritus) at Queen's University, Canada, and a Senior Fellow of Massey College in the University of Toronto. He is a leading More scholar and an editor of The Norton Anthology of English Literature. Robert M. Adams (1915-1996), who taught principally at Cornell University and the University of California, Los Angeles, was a prolific writer on literary figures from Milton to Joyce, a founding editor of The Norton Anthology of English Literature, and a distinguished translator of works in Latin, Italian and French.
- Author(s)Saint Thomas More
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/08/2016
- Series TitleCambridge Texts in the History of Political Thought
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byGeorge M. Logan
- Translated byRobert M. Adams
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.