All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionMorecambe Bay is usually claimed to be the largest bay in the United Kingdom at over 200 square miles, and over half of this area is revealed as sand at low tide. The resulting landscape of channels, quicksands and tidal races is unique, and it is surrounded by some of the most beautiful landscapes in the British Isles, but the shipbuilders of Barrow in Furness, the power station at Heysham, the fishermen at Fleetwood, and the holiday makers in the resort of Morecambe itself, speak of old and new industry and leisure, while Furness Abbey and Cartmel Priory recall much older inhabitants. For a landscape photographer there is a constantly changing seascape of big skies, with shimmering sands, wild birds in profusion, and picturesque villages and ble, and more modest houses. John Morrison records all this in its full diversity and in all its moods.
- Author BiographyJohn Morrison specializes in photographs of the north of England. He has published more than forty books as a photographer, author or both.
- Author(s)John Morrison
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication23/10/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note100 colour photographs
- Width250 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Photographs byJohn Morrison
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.