Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1999, Morphing Systems hosted a year-long exhibition project in an abandoned private hospital in Zurich, which the curators called the KLINIK. 105 international and Swiss artists took part in this invative and exciting experimental project. The concepts of mutation and morphing are the key to the KLINIK. Artists were given the freedom to modify the interior and exterior of the building. Their works in turn were modified and extended by other artists. Art works become the ource material for new art works, thus transcending traditional tions of authorship. The scintillating diversity of positions in contemporary art became visible in the course of this process, and yet the individual approaches coalesced into a whole that powerfully mirrored the present. The building has since been demolished. What remains is the book Morphing. It chronicles this experiment and reflects upon its implications, revealing the intricate web of images and thoughts created at the KLINIK. It takes you on singular and daring voyage in search of new principles and approaches in art today.
- Author(s)Klinik,Morphing Systems
- Date of Publication13/08/2001
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationZurich
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- Content Note218 colour illustrations
- Weight1060 g
- Width215 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.