All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionMorris Lapidus, the famous mid-century architect, outraged the architectural profession and riled critics with an architecture that was popularly embraced. His Miami Beach resort hotels - the Fontainebleau, the Eden Roc, and the Bal Harbour Sheraton - are synymous with the glamour of Miami Beach in the 50s. Lapidus hotels are infamous as the stomping grounds of the Rat Pack and their fellow movie stars. Yet, during his life he was never published in architectural magazines and was discredited by the architectural profession - before undergoing a renaissance as a prophet of postmodernism. This book establishes the importance of his work and offers private insights into a man who once said why be exotic in private? .
- Author(s)Deborah Desilets
- Date of Publication01/11/2004
- Series TitleMemoirs
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content Note40 colour and b&w photographs
- Weight386 g
- Width155 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.