All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than half a century the Morris Mir Traveller has been a familiar feature of rural and small-town Britain. Unpretentious, uncomplaining, half-timbered in an age of sleek pressed steel, Travellers were to be seen everywhere, laden with schoolchildren, dogs, jumble for the jumble sale, buzzing bravely along at great speed. Ray Newell is the unchallenged authority on Mir matters, and here he begins by providing in-depth descriptions of the 803cc, 948cc and 1098cc Traveller models, with details of production and specification changes. He also looks at special purpose versions as used by the armed forces, the coastguard and even the Barbados police, plus one-off Travellers including an intriguing three-door conversion first built in the early 1950s. Includes a special section on restoring the Traveller's timber framework on the body. The final section of the book deals with upgrades available to bring the Mir's performance, braking and suspension up to more modern standards. These include engine replacements, five-speed gearboxes and disc brakes as well as less radical modifications.
- Author BiographyRay Newell is a well known and respected figure within Morris Minor circles. He has been Secretary of the UK based Morris Minor Owners Club since 1983 and has contributed significantly to the Club's growth and development in that time. He has written extensively about the Morris Minor, but of the eight books he has written, this is the most detailed and comprehensive. Ray has owned a variety of Morris Minors over the years but currently his pride and joy is a rare 1949 Series MM Tourer. He has recently acquired an equally rare 1954 Series II van from New Zealand, which is currently undergoing a full restoration. Ray lives in Derbyshire, England.
- Author(s)Ray Newell
- PublisherHerridge & Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/11/2012
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBeaworthy
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHerridge & Sons Ltd
- Content Note300 colour photos, additional b&w photos
- Weight1043 g
- Width255 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.