All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCaptain Murad is busy planning for the Afterlife.He dreams of a grand, sunlit mausoleum on the banks of the Nile.To realize his pharaonic folly, the retired captain kindles an unlikely romance between Hazem, a feckless architect longing for immortality, and Asma, an impoverished single mother who strives for a better life for her children. As Murad's tomb rises on the riverbank, so Hazem and Asma fall in love.A contemporary Egyptian romance of rare grace and wit, played out by characters trapped in their attitudes toward class and gender.
- Author BiographyAward-winning Egyptian novelist Reem Bassiouney is an associate professor at the American University in Cairo, having taught at Cambridge, Oxford, and Utah. She writes widely on gender and linguistics. She lives in Cairo, Egypt. An adjunct professor at the University of Rhode Island, translator Melanie Magidow's research draws on literature and folklore. She lives in New York.
- Author(s)Reem Bassiouney
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Width203 mm
- Height130 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byMelanie Magidow
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.71
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.67
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.