All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionLooks at the architectural impact of Moshe Safdie Influenced by the diverse cultures of Canada, Israel and the USA, Moshe Safdie's architecture displays a richly evolving tectonic and spatial sensibility. During 40 years of practice, Safdie has designed cultural, educational, and civic institutions, housing, mixed-use complexes and airports, and has developed designs for existing urban districts and entirely new cities. In this two-volume mograph, more than eighty of his projects are illustrated with spectacular photography, original design sketches and text. Volume One features an essay by Safdie on his architecture and influences. Each of the essays by Paul Goldberger, Peter G. Rowe, Witold Rybczynski and Michael Sorkin cover a different facet of Safdie's oeuvre. The projects include his seminal Habitat project for the Canadian Expo '67, the National Gallery of Canada, Hebrew Union College and the restoration of the Jewish Quarter in Jerusalem; the Skirball Museum and Cultural Center in Los Angeles; housing in the USA and Southeast Asia; and urban designs for Montreal, Senegal, Singapore and the new city of Modi'in in Israel. Also available: 'Moshe Safdie II' ISBN 13: 9781864701630 SELLING POINTS: - Moshe Safdie is one of the truly great architects of our time. He became famous for Habitat, a project he designed for the Canadian Expo '67 - Safdie is considered one of the greatest and most energetic living architectural thinkers - Includes essays by Paul Goldberger, Peter G. Rowe, Witold Rybcynski and Michael Sorkin - First book of a two-volume set. First volume features Habitat, the National Gallery of Canada, Hebrew Union College, restoration of the Jewish Quarter in Jerusalem, the Skirball Museum and Cultural Center in Los Angeles, and other high-profile international projects 256 col., 365 b.andw.
- Author(s)Paul Goldberger,Peter G. Rowe,Witold Rybcynski
- PublisherImages Publishing Group Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- Series TitleMillennium S.
- Place of PublicationMulgrave, Victoria
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintImages Publishing Group Pty Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight2199 g
- Width255 mm
- Height348 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.