All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of two women, Nula and Maggie, joined by old family history and love for the same little boy. Nula, struggling with her new baby and feeling alone in her marriage, employs her cousin Maggie as a nanny when she returns to work. But it's t long before Nula finds herself threatened by Maggie's close bond with her son, Samuel. Nula's outwardly perfect house crackles with unspoken jealousies and rivalry until Maggie's intense love for Samuel tips into obsession and she decides her only option is to abduct the child. As Maggie makes her desperate bid for safety, the women's shared past of trauma and loss comes to the fore once more. Winner of The Jerwood Fiction Uncovered Prize 2015.
- Author BiographyBethan Roberts was born in Oxford and grew up in nearby Abingdon. Her first novel The Pools won a Jerwood/Arvon Young Writers' Award. Her second novel The Good Plain Cook, published in 2008, was serialized on BBC Radio 4's Book at Bedtime and was chosen as one of Time Out's books of the year. Her third novel, My Policeman, was picked as the 'City Reads' book for Brighton. Her most recent novel is Mother Island, winner of a Jerwood/Fiction Uncovered Prize 2015. Bethan lives in Brighton with her family. www.bethanrobertswriter.com
- PrizesWinner of Jerwood Fiction Uncovered Prize 2015.
- Author(s)Bethan Roberts
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight227 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.