All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Handbook for Relieving the Discomforts of Pregnancy Massage is a sensuous, relaxing, and loving treatment that has the added bonus of being especially good for you. It's the perfect way to reduce stress and promote general well-being. During pregnancy, your body is undergoing many changes, some of them stressful and discomforting. Mother Massage, by licensed massage therapist Elaine Stillerman, is a beautifully illustrated guide to help eliminate some of these adverse effects. Designed to be used either alone or with a partner, Mother Massage provides techniques for a variety of massages, including full body massage, preparation for labor and birthing massage, massage during the postpartum and nursing stages, and infant massage. These techniques are explained in step-by-step, illustrated detail. You'll also learn special massages for treating such discomforts as: - Backaches - Breast Soreness - Charley Horse and Leg Cramps - Headaches - Heartburn - Fatigue - Morning Sickness - Sciatica - Stretch Marks - Varicose Veins - And Many Others Also included are sections on reflexology, herbal remedies, and nutritional requirements for pregnant and lactating women.
- Author BiographyElaine Stillerman, a licensed massage therapist in New York City, has been specializing in prenatal and postpartum massage since 1980 and has worked with hundreds of expectant women. She has written many articles on massage therapy and teaches the nationally certified course Mother Massage: Massage During Pregnancy at massage schools all over the country. She is also the author of The Encyclopedia of Bodywork (1996). Diana Kurz is a painter who has exhibited her work nationally and internationally. She is a recipient of a Fulbright grant for art and has taught in universities and art schools all over the world.
- Author(s)Elaine Stillerman
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/1992
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width184 mm
- Height241 mm
- Edition StatementDelta Trade Pbk ed.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.