All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.82
About this product
- DescriptionInstead of being the ordeal I feared and expected, having my 90-year-old mother stay with me as she recovered from a heart attack turned into six years of surprises, discoveries, and fun. Giving my lovely mother a happy old age was one of the most satisfying things I've ever done.
- Author BiographyMona Doyle is a daughter, mother, grandmother, and founder of The Consumer Network, a research and consulting firm that operates a national panel of food shoppers and publishes The Shopper Report, a consumer feedback and trend tracking newsletter for marketers. Her interest in shopping and retailing goes back to her early childhood, when her mother was a buyer and importer for department stores around the country, from Bloomingdale's in New York to Bullocks in Los Angeles. Twice divorced, Mona has spent the last 15 years living with Dr. Seymour Holtman, a retired veterinarian she calls the best husband I never had. Her daughter Elisabeth is a lawyer and short story writer who lives in Washington, DC. Her son Bruce is an environmental safety expert who lives with his wife and three children in Oxford, New Jersey - a small town near the Pocono Mountains in rural Warren County. Before founding The Consumer Network, Mona was Vice President Consumer Affairs for the 600-store Pantry Pride/Food Fair supermarket chain, a Management Science Specialist for RCA, and a Research Analyst for the Bell Telephone system. She has served on many boards including the Forum of Executive Women, the New Jersey Board of Pharmacy, the Multiple Sclerosis Society, and the blood division of the American Red Cross. She is a Past President of the Society of Consumer Affairs Professionals in Business and currently serves as Managing Director of Ask These Women, a business-oriented think tank of senior women executives Mona's research and insights on food shoppers, food packaging, and emerging trends has been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, Business Week, Fortune, Changing Times, The Washington Post, Family Circle, Advertising Age, The New York Times, The Chicago Tribune, and The Philadelphia Inquirer. She has served as an expert witness on consumer perceptions appeared as a voice of the consumer on Face the Nation, Good Morning America and National Public Radio. Mona is the author/editor of Packaging Strategies: Winning the Consumer (published Technomic Press) and Profiles of the Changing Food Shopper (published by EPM Communications.) An honors graduate of the University of Pennsylvania in psychology, Mona has done graduate work at Temple, Drexel and Cornell Universities and served as a guest lecturer at Cornell's Food Marketing Program and The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)MS Mona Forman Doyle
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.