All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of the author's mother, who walked out on her poor, lower-class family in 1928 and, using her considerable beauty, re-invented herself as a high-class courtesan, mistress and masseuse. She destroyed all the evidence of her humble beginnings, burning papers and books which might have led to the discovery of uncomfortable truths. Eventually, however, some of these truths emerged and some episodes in her life could be re-constructed. It was a difficult but rewarding journey which gave her family some limited closure.
- Author BiographyH.A , as she is always known, is a retired professional woman coming from a rather unusual background. (Read the book to see more details.) She got a scholarship to Roedean School and then went on to read English at Oxford. She married and had three children, subsequently divorcing her husband. She was a sole parent, running her own business for thirty years. She is now re-married to a lifelong friend and lives very happily in a small West Country village.
- Author(s)H. A. Pitman
- PublisherBrewery Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBrewery Books
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.