Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $6.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom tenth-century Japan's Izumi Shikibu, colonial America's Anne Bradstreet, and Victorian England's Elizabeth Barrett Browning to Israel's Yehuda Amichai, Ireland's Paul Muldoon, and Russia's Anna Akhmatova, poets across the centuries and around the world have immortalized this elemental relationship. Among the more than seventy poets in this anthology, Audre Lorde recalls How the days went / While you were blooming within me ; Jorie Graham muses on her mother's sewing box; Allen Ginsberg says goodbye in Kaddish ; and Langston Hughes invokes a mother's empowering example: Don't you fall w- / For I'se still goin', honey, / I'se still climbin', / And life for me ain't been crystal stair. From Emily Bronte's Upon Her Soothing Breast and Seamus Heaney's Mother of the Groom to Sylvia Plath's Morning Song and Frank O'Hara's Ave Maria, the more than one hundred poems collected here enshrine the miracle of motherhood and the richness of feeling and experience it inspires.
- Author(s)Carmela Ciuraru
- Date of Publication01/01/2005
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman's Library
- Weight232 g
- Width115 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.