All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDynamically transforming the elements of any performing artist's craft, this practical guide is a must-have for musicians, dancers, and actors. The handbook shows how artistic performance is embodied in the unification of three critical elements -- motion, emotion, and love -- demonstrating how it offers experiences and opportunities distinct from the non-performing arts. Step-by-step guidelines are provided for building intentional and inspirational practice time, thereby enhancing the relationships between the source, the performer, and the audience. Illustrating how intentional movement invokes emotions from both the performer and the audience and how the concept of love gives a performance humanity and life, this eye-opening exploration creates pathways for achieving true artistry.
- Author BiographyThomas Carson Mark is a piano and body mapping teacher. He is the author of Spinoza's Theory of Truth and What Every Pianist Needs to Know About the Body. He lives in Portland, Oregon.
- Author(s)Thomas Mark
- PublisherGIA Publications
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGIA Publications
- Content Note12 line drawings
- Weight568 g
- Width133 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.