All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionEvery day, teachers face the challenge of motivating struggling learners. In this must-have book, bestselling author Barbara R. Blackburn shares how you can finally solve this problem and make your classroom a place where all students want to succeed. You'll learn practical strategies for...* understanding extrinsic and intrinsic motivation; * building a trusting relationship with students; * using praise and positive feedback effectively; * empowering students and helping them own their learning; * moving students toward a growth mindset; * communicating high expectations for students; * engaging all students in your lessons; * scaffolding so all students will want to improve; * helping students be resilient and t fear failure; and * celebrating diverse groups of students. Each chapter is filled with a variety of examples and tools that you can use immediately. Bonus: Many of the tools are also available as free eResources on our website, www.routledge.com/9781138792432, so you can easily download and print them for classroom use.
- Author BiographyDr. Barbara R. Blackburn is the bestselling author of 15 books and is a sought-after consultant. She was an award-winning professor at Winthrop University and has taught students of all ages. Barbara can be contacted through her website at www.barbarablackburnonline.com.
- Author(s)Barbara R. Blackburn
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/07/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 42 black & white tables
- Weight366 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.