All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.00
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionWith a new evolutionary theme, Petri's book covers the biological, behavioral, and cognitive explanations for human motivation. The advantages and drawbacks to each of these explanations are presented, allowing students to draw their own conclusions. Students want to kw why they behave the way they do. To help students understand the processes that activate their behavior, Petri uses examples drawn from such contemporary topics as sexual behavior, aggression, eating disorders, and obesity to capture and keep students interested. To help students master and retain the information covered, this edition builds upon the text's simple and direct language with expanded pedagogy-including preview questions at the beginning of every chapter, end of chapter summaries, key terms, Web links, and suggestions for further reading.
- Author BiographyJohn M. Govern is a Professor at Towson University, where he has taught since 1989. His primary research interest is in social cognition. He earned a B.S. in Psychobiology from Albright College and a Ph.D. in Social Psychology from Temple University. Herbert L. Petri is a Professor at Towson University, where he has been recognized on five separate occasions for his excellent teaching. He also serves as Adjunct Professor of Psychology at Johns Hopkins University, teaching the Motivation course since 1986. Dr. Petri has studied the role of physiological, behavioral, and cognitive mechanisms of motivation, memory, and learning for more than 35 years. His research has led to published articles on the underlying circuitry of memory, drug actions on learning and memory, and reviews of motivational processes. He received his B.A. degree from Miami University, Oxford, Ohio and M.A. and Ph.D. degrees from Johns Hopkins University.
- Author(s)Herbert L. Petri,John M. Govern
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication07/09/2003
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight918 g
- Width191 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.