All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical resource for behavior change and substance abuse treatment can be used for individual and group sessions, adolescents, families, and dually diagsed clients. How do you get a client to move from precontemplation to contemplation?Motivational interviewing is a client-centered counseling style that elicits behavior change by helping clients explore and resolve ambivalence regarding their substance abuse. The ideas and exercises in Motivational Interviewing and Stages of Change help you integrate both models into your daily practice. This clinician-tested book is a practical and effective resource for individual and group sessions, adolescents, families, culturally diverse clients, and dually diagsed clients.
- Author BiographyKathyleen M. Tomlin, MS, LPC, CADC III, is the clinical services manager at Kaiser Permanente Addiction Medicine: Adult, Adolescent, and Family Chemical Dependency Services in Portland, Oregon. She has worked in the addictions treatment and prevention field since 1974. Some of her more current work has included the development of addiction treatment programs that emphasize Motivational Interviewing and Stages of Change practices.Helen Richardson has been active in the addictions field since 1970, including thirteen years as the executive director of Mainstream Youth Program, Inc., an outpatient adolescent treatment and prevention agency. More recently she has worked in the chemical dependency field as a consultant developing and delivering training and other services.
- Author(s)Kathyleen M. Tomlin
- PublisherHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Date of Publication15/04/2005
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Weight680 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.