Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.26Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionIn this modern era of traffic jams, road rage and speed cameras, it's easy to forget the simple pleasure that the gentlemanly pastime of motoring can bring. This handy little guide from the original age of the automobile, reminds us how to achieve maximum enjoyment from the motoring experience. With essential advice for both beginner drivers and confirmed Road Hogs - from choosing your vehicle and learning to drive to the latest dashboard equipment and all you could want to kw about oiling, greasing and valve grinding - Pemberton also offers many tips on women drivers, picnicking, the holiday tour and fitting a wireless into your car.A man of strong opinions, he insists you give way to the man driving uphill, for 'if you block his way you may spoil one of the motorist's most pleasant thrills, that is, a good top-gear hill climb'. He also offers wise advice on everything from speed limits: 'From long experience of touring in Britain and abroad I should say that an average speed of 20 miles per hour is a sound allowance' to new techlogy: 'In wet weather one of the chief anyances to the driver is an obscured wind-screen. There are highly efficient automatic wind-screen wipers on the market.' Both informative and entertaining, Motor Do's and Dont's is the perfect Christmas gift for the motor enthusiast in your life.
- Author BiographyHarold Pemberton was the Daily Mail motoring correspondent. His book Motor Do's and Dont's was first published in 1923.
- Author(s)Harold Pemberton
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication02/10/2008
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight120 g
- Width118 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.