All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the definitive, comprehensive guide to motorcycle design. Tapping a deep well of kwledge and a lifetime of experience, motorcycle racer and historian Mick Walker sheds light on the evolution of one of the world's ultimate status symbols and style icons-a development owing as much to history, politics, and techlogy as it does to image, lifestyle, and design. In a survey that ranges from the late nineteenth-century pioneers like Gottlieb Daimler and Hildebrand & Wolfmuller to present-day manufacturers-Harley Davidson, Ducati, Honda, BMW, Aprilia, and Triumph-Walker sets each model within its historical context and outlines the main techlogical and stylistic invations that make each bike unique.
- Author BiographyMick Walker is acknowledged to be the world's leading motorcycle authority. In a career that has spanned over forty-five years, he has written over one hundred books and curated several exhibitions. He has been a successful racer, tuner, team manager, talent scout, and British importer. In 1998, he was involved in The Art of the Motorcycle exhibition at the Guggenheim Museum in New York City and, in 1999, Ducati presented him with a Lifetime Achievement Award, the first of its kind.
- Author(s)Mick Walker
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication23/08/2006
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note300, 300 colour illustrations
- Weight1248 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.