All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNearly all glass makers (unless they are blowing glass) need moulds which can go in the kiln, as part of the process of creating their work. Currently glass students and makers get their expertise and recipes from lots of different sources, picking out the relevant bits and pieces which they need from other glass and ceramic books. This book aims to introduce all the mould-making techniques for casting glass, with detailed information on materials, recipes for mould mixes, methods and applications. It helps the student to learn which methods are appropriate for different types of work, and covers all the basics of how to make your mould. It also includes practical information on sourcing, storing, using and recycling materials, and how to develop your own recipes and methods for particular projects. It also covers where to start with writing programmes for kiln firings including annealing and cooling. It also contains images from well-kwn artists working in cast glass throughout.
- Author BiographyAngela Thwaites is an established glass artist who has been working in this field for 17 years. She is currently Senior Lecturer in glass at De Monfort University, Leicester, and has previously been the glass researcher at the Royal College of Art. Her work has been included in numerous exhibitions and she was also a juror for the British Glass Biennale, 2008.
- Author(s)Angela Thwaites
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication29/07/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleGlass Handbooks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteApprox. 110
- Weight360 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.