All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the completely updated and expanded official rescue workbook of the National Ski Patrol that is w available to other wilderness first responders and the general public. It is w published by The Mountaineers Books. As a leading authority of mountain safety since 1938, the t-for-profit organisation National Ski Patrol has dedicated itself to serving the public and the outdoor recreation industry by providing education and accreditation to emergency care and safety services providers. Their core mountain rescue educational workbook, Mountain Travel & Rescue (first published in 1995), was researched, written, and reviewed by volunteer members and experts from all over the country, and is designed to help ski patrollers train, rescue, and survive in mountain environments, at resorts, in the backcountry, and at any time of year. Mountain Travel & Rescue is a valuable piece of mountain rescue equipment. In addition to new illustrations, this edition offers significantly expanded lesson sections, a new backcountry medicine section, and more. Mountain Travel & Rescue: National Ski Patrol's Manual for Mountain Rescue is organised into four major sections: Survival, Travel, Backcountry Considerations, and Search and Rescue. It includes extensive appendixes, including medical equipment lists, a questionnaire, and a glossary and is a valuable tool for anyone who deals with search and rescue or is interested in mountain rescue basics.
- Author BiographyTHE NATIONAL SKI PATROL still adheres to its founding creed of Service and Safety. Headquartered in Lakewood, Colorado, this member-driven professional organisation is dedicated to providing education and accreditation to emergency care and safety service providers. Their members work on behalf of local ski and snowboard areas to improve the overall experience for outdoor recreationalists.
- Author(s)National Ski Patrol
- PublisherMountaineers Books
- Date of Publication28/12/2012
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMountaineers Books
- Content Noteb&w illustrations, charts & tables
- Weight544 g
- Width190 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.