Mountain Whispers: Days Without Sun by G Coleman Alderson (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.48+ AU $1.99 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by bookhub-au
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionWhat the readers are saying: Just finished reading this vel and absolutely loved it! It grabs your interest from the first pages and I can't wait for the second book. His writing style is comparable to early Steven King, but definitely on his own. In a future I can see a motion picture or TV series. Awesome work! I just started reading it and can't put it down. Can't wait to get back to it. It has an Ayn Rand flavor that appeals to my conservative/libertarian leanings. Prophetic and alarming of where our country may ultimately go if the left have their way! Gary C. Mountain Whispers - Days Without Sun combines the independent strong spirit of Appalachia with a possible future scenario where an aristocratic few call the shots for an entire nation. While reading the story I found myself identifying on numerous occasions with the main characters. I eagerly await the sequel. Woody D. From fellow authors and writers: Fascinating apocalyptic fiction Phil Town, Special Forces Vet, NYT Best-Selling Author of Rule #1 Investing A scary gripping glimpse into the future of eco-fascism Reid L. Rosenthal, Author of Best-Selling Award Winning Threads West Series A spell-binding thriller! Marita Noon, Best-Selling Author of Energy Freedom An Environmental Atlas Shrugged Jason Haynes, Associate Director, American Coal Council Sypsis Mountain Whispers-Days Without Sun foretells a future besieged by forces of nature and the unintended outcome of humanity's headlong shift from fossil-based fuels to totally green renewables. The world is perpetually covered in clouds. The days grow dimmer as the seasons turn colder. No one seems to kw why.While those in power retain their comforts, ordinary citizens, both urban and rural, are subjected to increasing hardships. Threatened by social unrest in the city and sedition in the outlying mountain regions, an iron-willed autocracy has tightened its grip. Ben Pierce, desperate to hold together his remaining family, risks imprisonment for poaching on government land and scrapping for bits of contraband coal along an abandoned railroad. Decorated spec ops veteran, Virgil Johnson, quells his war-torn psyche with booze and self-exile. He visits a graveyard to toast an old pal and unwittingly becomes a walk-in host to a long-deceased mountain legend, Two Gun Sid Hatfield. Their fates are w bound as one. Agent Candler Greaves loves recruiting outliers to live in Progress City where the vision of the Global Environmental Ethics Organization has been realized. More or less. His loyalties will be severely tested by a beautiful subordinate and a shocking revelation about the real nature of his mission. We live in small places. . . Celi, a lonely young mountain girl, keeps a digital diary for writing about her days and chronicling the history of her family back to four generations. When a fantastic discovery is made at their abandoned family farm, powerful forces intent on possessing the invention she describes as a game changer secretly intercept her entries. Mountain Whispers is a saga of two cultures, of two divergent ways of life, and ultimately, two paths into our future. It is dedicated to those who seek the truth, and upon finding it, act accordingly.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised in West (by God) Virginia, I consider myself an outlier, a libertarian entrepreneur, an eclectic reader, a devoted family man, a plantsman, a home designer-builder-remodeler, a practical supporter of decentralized alternative energy, and a conscious capitalist.
- Author(s)G Coleman Alderson
- PublisherMy Gym Trainer
- Date of Publication21/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMy Gym Trainer
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.