All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $18.21Trending at AU $22.12
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe adventure begins as Kate McAlaster, the sole survivor of a wagon train massacre on the Oregon Trail, is alone facing winter with only a rifle, a pistol, her horse and her wits. After the attack, Kate finds the wagon master barely alive. He gives her directions to a cabin owned by a mountain man, Homer Manchester, called Man. Kate worries about spending the winter in a cabin alone with a mountain man, but it can't be worse than starvation. Or can it? She finds herself trapped in the wilderness, living with a stranger, and fighting for her life against Indian renegades and slave traders. She must learn to adapt to a life she never dreamed of living and become a ruthless mountain woman to survive.
- Author BiographyJohnny Fowler grew up on a cattle ranch in west Texas. This experience was invaluable in giving an insight into life in the real West. Working with third and fourth generation cowboys, he listened to stories passed down through the generations about life on the frontier. They told of hardships and the struggle to survive in the vast expanse of the west when the population was scarce. His grandfather, a pioneer doctor, also shared many experiences about his life on the frontier, treating patients by horseback. Johnny worked on a sixty thousand acre ranch throughout high school and college. He graduated from Texas Tech University with a degree in business administration and began ranching for himself while employed by the USDA. While with the USDA he wrote newsletters for producers, and articles for agriculture publications and newspapers, which included methods for establishing wildlife habitats, managing native pastures and conservation of our natural resources. He has now converted the knowledge gained from his ranching experience and education into writing historical western novels.
- Author(s)Johnny Fowler
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication16/12/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.