All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe Mouton Interactive Introduction to Historical Linguistics of German provides an overview of the historical development of the German language from its beginnings to the present day. It presents and interprets core changes in phology, morphology, syntax and lexis, and illustrates them using multi-media visualizations. In addition, the CD-ROM contains comprehensive material on textual transmission in the various historical periods of German and on contemporary approaches to explaining language change. The work is intended for students of German linguistics and of general and comparative linguistics who are interested in researching German grammar in particular and the phemen of language change in general. The CD-ROM is designed for independent study, but can also be used as ancillary material to a taught course. For teachers it provides vel multi-media presentations of various historical processes in language, selected source materials and maps for Old, Middle and Early New High German, together with a presentation of phological, morphological, syntactic and lexical changes in German in line with state-of-the-art standards of linguistic description - particularly in the area of syntax, which for the first time is given a detailed treatment in this form in an introductory work. The CD-ROM is bilingual (German and English). It contains numerous animations and sound-clips, a comprehensive glossary, advice on further reading on individual topics, and test items to check for comprehension and successful learning.
- Author BiographyKarin Donhauser is Professor at Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany. Annette Fischer is Assistant Professor at Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany. Lars Mecklenburg is Information Designer in Berlin, Germany.
- Author(s)Anette Fischer,Karin Donhauser,Lars Mecklenburg
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- LanguageEnglish & German
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight165 g
- Width161 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.