All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive guide which focuses on the design of the most commonly found movable bridge varieties, and also provides information on the mechanical systems which generate the movement - an area with which most bridge design engineers are less familiar, but require kwledge of in order to design effective structures of this type. Movable Bridge Design is a unique reference on past and current structural, mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic design for engineers in, or about to enter, this interdisciplinary field. It offers comprehensive coverage of all of the most common movable bridge types, provides key information on the mechanical systems which drive the bridges and how this impacts on design considerations.
- Author BiographyCharles Birnstiel is a highly accomplished civil engineer with 50 years of technical experience, 20 of which was spent in full-time university teaching and research, and 30 years spent in industry, mostly in the field of movable highway and railway bridges. He is the author of the chapter on movable bridges which appeared in the ICE manual of bridge engineering.
- Author(s)Charles Birnstiel,George Foerster,William Bowden
- PublisherICE Publishing
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintICE Publishing
- Content Note75
- Weight1116 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.