All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.18
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $117.44
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $106.89
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.21
About this product
- DescriptionIn the style of Spencer Johnson's international bestseller Who Moved My Cheese, comes an accessible and uplifting business parable from bestselling author and award-winning educator Ron Clark. Picture a corporation, business, school or team as a bus. The distance the bus travels represents the goals and progress of the organisation. The bus itself has gas, and is dependent upon the people within to provide the energy to move. Imagine there are holes in the bottom of the bus and that everyone must move the bus with their legs. The people on the bus can be divided into groups according to how fast and how far they push the bus. Runners- These individuals are running as hard as possible and are basically carrying the bus. They come early and they stay late. They never complain and their work ethic is strong. They are the reason for the success of an organisation. Joggersdo their job, and have marginal success. They try to keep up, occasionally sprint, but don't maintain a strong level of effort. They seek to draw attention to themselves as a form of self-validation. Walkersare being pulled by the bus, tripping over their feet and complaining, 'Why are we going so fast?' They talk negatively about the business and spread bad energy. Ridersare dead weight, and cause constant issues. They don't care about overall or personal success. Drivers- The job of the driver is paramount. The driver must steer the bus to the appropriate destination and ensure that all of the passengers are pushing themselves accordingly. Ron Clark draws on his educational experience to show how leaders in all professions can foster the spirit of the runners to allow them to guide the bus, ultimately pushing it as quickly and efficiently towards success as possible.
- Author BiographyRon Clark has been called 'America's Educator.' In 2000, he was named Disney's American Teacher of the Year. He is a New York Times bestselling author who book, The Essential 55, has sold over 1 million copies and been published in 25 different countries. He has featured on The Today Show, CNN, and Oprah, and Ms. Winfrey even named him as her first 'Phenomenal Man'. His classes have been honoured at the White House on three separate occasions. Ron's teaching experiences in New York City are the subject of the uplifting film, The Ron Clark Story, starring Matthew Perry.
- Author(s)Ron Clark
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.