All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book vividly captures vital and imaginative lessons from one of the most influential and joyous traditions of contemporary actor training. Any actor or teacher, who is devoted to the transformational power of the theatre, will want to return to these pages again and again, finding in them t only the work to be done, but also the inspiration to do it. James Bundy - Dean, Yale School of Drama; Artistic Director, Yale Repertory Theatre Movement training techniques allow actors to acquire the physical body language and n-verbal skills to clearly express the ideas and emotions of their characters. The techniques contained in this book help actors to develop awareness of their own natural posture, walk and rhythm, release the physical imagination and transform into the characters they are portraying, on stage, in film or on television. Movement Training for Actors provides a practical workbook approach to the core fundamentals of movement, fusing together the work of the key practitioners: Sigurd Leeder, Kurt Jooss, Rudolf Laban, Trish Arld, Litz Pisk, F. M. Alexander, Moshe Feldenkrais, Jerzy Growtowski, Jacques Lecoq and Belinda Quirey. Chapters include Games, Pure Movement, Historical Dance, Acrobatics and Animal Study. The book is illustrated with photographs throughout and contains a DVD featuring over an hour of movement exercises further demonstrating the techniques. Movement Training for Actors is a masterclass on movement written by experienced coach, Jackie Sw and a culmination of her many years of teaching and coaching professionals. The highly practical approach will suit actors of all abilities as well as serving as an inspirational teaching guide.
- Author BiographyJackie Snow is a choreographer, movement director and teacher of actors for both stage and screen in the UK and internationally specialising in movement, acrobatics and historical dance. She was Head of Movement at RADA (2003-11), trained actors at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama (1983-2003) and has taught at BADA since 1995. Her professional work coaching actors in movement and choreography has included three seasons at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre with Mark Rylance and with Sir Peter Hall at the Rose Theatre in Kingston.
- Author(s)Jackie Snow
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/12/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePerformance Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content NoteLine Art
- Weight446 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Contained items statementContains DVD video and Paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.