All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe uncertainties and newness that surround us today prompt radical questions about ourselves and our relationship with the external world. How do and can we belong to the places and spaces of today? Movement and Belonging: Lines, Places, and Spaces of Travel describes current realities and suggests ways in which you can define yourself in an ever-changing world. Using the travel writings of V. S. Naipaul, Michael Ondaatje, Patrick White, and D. H. Lawrence, Movement and Belonging demonstrates that authentic travel - embracing changing boundaries and cultures - enables you to create sites of belonging where you can find your sense of self.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Carol E. Leon is Associate Professor of English at the University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur. She received her Ph.D. in travel literature from the Australian National University. Her fields of research are contemporary and eighteenth-century travel writings. She has published several articles and chapters and delivered papers on V. S. Naipaul, Michael Ondaatje, and D. H. Lawrence.
- Author(s)Carol E. Leon
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleTravel Writing Across the Disciplines
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight560 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.