All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionMovement with Meaning is an activity/exercise program developed to help people with early-stage Alzheimer's retain the highest level of functioning possible. The underlying principle is that activities that stimulate all the senses provide optimal opportunities for reinforcing remaining strengths and promoting a sense of well-being in people with Alzheimer's. The program uses gentle, yoga-influenced movement, simple spoken poetry, auditory/gustatory stimulation, and reminiscence. The book describes how to select participants, establish a supportive environment, and conduct each type of sensory activity. Outlines of four sample 30-minute programs are included. Photos throughout the text show older adults participating in the activities and demonstrate the proper way to do the physical exercises.
- Author BiographyBarbara Larsen is a private consultant for long-term care facilities. For 17 years she has been affiliated with Del Oro Caregiver Resource Center in Carmichael, California.
- Author(s)Barbara Larsen
- PublisherHealth Professions Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHealth Professions Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date26/02/2016
- Weight404 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.