Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionAs wind sweeps through a garden, its inhabitants must confront the volatile effects of Mother Nature, as well as their own evolving natures. The story follows several short, intertwined pieces, as Carrot and Potato, taught to be enemies from birth, struggle to remain friends, Tulip wants more out of life than only her partner, and two pieces of pollen attempt to make a dangerous jump from a dying flower to a fresh one. Through sacrifice and friendship, they must t only survive their trials, but also come to populate ather generation. This play is a one-act dark comedy/drama told in a series of five connected movements.
- Author BiographyTara is a graduate of Carnegie Mellon University's MFA program in Dramatic Writing. Her work has been presented by The Directors Company, Le Petit Theatre de Terrebonne, Theatre One, Fusion Theatre, One Armed Man, Oracle Theatre, Inc, the Bobik Theatre Ensemble, Woman Seeking..., the Acme Theatre Company, The Harlequin Players, and various universities and colleges including Gardner-Webb, Prince Williams, and Colgate. Her plays have also showcased at the Artists of Tomorrow Festival in NYC, the Pittsburgh New Works Series and the Last Frontier Theatre Conference in Alaska. Numerous students and teachers have utilized her plays for Directing, Acting and Dramatic Literature courses in schools and colleges. Her monologues have been performed and used by actors worldwide, and serial monologues she wrote were performed for two years by the internationally recognized receptionist-robot, Valerie. Additionally, she toured in a Children's Theatre Troupe, which she wrote for, co-directed, and performed in. She has taught Playwriting and Screenwriting at Carnegie Mellon, the Pittsburgh Public Theatre, and for The Westport Country Playhouse, and she has led Creative Dramatics Workshops for children in underserved areas throughout New York and New Jersey. She is a two-time recipient of the Shubert Fellowship in Dramatic Writing, the Sloan Screenwriting Fellowship, the New Works for Young Women [Actors] Award and is a member of the Dramatist's Guild. Tara has written a children's book, a novel, and writes and records music in the chick-core rap band, Girl Crusade. She lives in Westchester County with her husband and dramatic children.
- Author(s)Tara Meddaugh
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication02/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.