All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the impact that legendary actors and actresses have had on the development of the Hollywood film industry is well kwn, few have recognised the power of movie fans on shaping the industry. This books redresses that balance, and is the first study of Hollywood's golden era to examine the period from the viewpoint of the fans. Using fan club journals, fan letters, studio production records, and other previously unpublished archival sources, Samantha Barbas reveals how the passion, enthusiasm, and ongoing activism of film fans in Hollywood's golden era transformed early cinema, the modern mass media and American popular culture.
- Author BiographySAMANTHA BARBAS received her Ph.D. in American history from the University of California at Berkeley. She currently teaches in the Interdisciplinary Studies Program at Arizona State University.
- Author(s)Samantha Barbas
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication18/02/2002
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Notebiography
- Weight435 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.13
- AU $10.51Trending at AU $14.49
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.26
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.86
- AU $43.43Trending at AU $48.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.