CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThe cherry blossom shown on the cover is nature's song of mortality, hope, power and love: a symbol of transience. Migrants and global mads (like president Barack Obama) develop hybrid identities and see transience as a fact of life as they live their lives in the unclaimed territory between cultural contexts. This research explores the inner dialogues and interactions of people with different cultural backgrounds. Results show the deep implications of globalisation processes on individual development, how environmental discourses resonate in the emotional layers of personal cultural positions, and the invative potential of dialogue in safe spaces. The Theory of the Dialogical Self is empirically explored and theoretically expanded in the context of acculturation. A new methodology, Personal Emotional Account of Cultural Experience (PEACE), is developed to understand the complexity of hybrid identities.
- Author Biography<b>Jutta Konig</b> is a psychologist, psychotherapist, and career coach and is a board member of the International Career Certification Institute and the Dutch Career Management Institute.
- Author(s)Jutta Konig
- PublisherVU University Press
- Date of Publication14/06/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintVU University Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight698 g
- Width170 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.