All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionMoving Through Opened Doors is a journey to finding your life's path through the many blessings we receive. Dawn Fitch recaps the joys of growing up and finding her path to starting and operating a successful business with her sisters. She offers accounts of blessings they received in life and in business and ways for you to recognize your blessings. A wonderful inspiration for those with an entrepreneurial dream. Moving Through Opened Doors is filled with funny stories, true life accounts, a day in the life of a Pookalita and more. Watch the blessings unfold through good times and tragic ones and learn to realize that there is a lesson to be learned in every blessing.
- Author BiographyDawn Fitch is the founder of Pooka Pure and Simple, a handmade bath and body company. After battling illness and feeling the need to adopt a healthier lifestyle, she began exploring holistic therapies and aromatherapy. While reading the labels on many of her cosmetic products and becoming increasingly aware of the dangerous chemicals in them, she began making and selling her own products. The response was tremendous. That's when the realization hit that she had an incredible business idea and Pooka was born! Pooka has been featured on The Today Show, CBS Evening News, Essence Magazine, Black Enterprise Magazine, The Network Journal, Michael Baisden Radio and various media outlets. Dawn was the recipient of the Influencer Award for Entrepreneurship given by the Urban League, the Black Executive Award given by the African American Chambers of Commerce, and an Agent of Change award from the National Council of Negro Women. In 2002 PookaGiveBack was created. A division of Pooka that focuses on donating products to worthy causes including Planned Parenthood, Childrens Restoration Network, Hudson Perinatal Consortium and Emergency Shelters for Battered Women and Children. Pooka also developed a Relaxation Seminar teaching the health benefits of relaxation and aromatherapy, which they have taught to the elderly at various senior citizen homes and women's conferences. She has been a speaker and panelist for many events including the Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference, Girl Scouts of America Gold Awards and National Black MBA Associations' National Conference In 2011 Pooka opened its 1st Flagship Boutique in Orange, NJ! The Pooka Body Boutique hosts groups of teen girls, giving them a look at the inner workings of a beauty business and in 2011 Dawn co-created Beauty that Cares! Workshops that are geared towards teaching young girls about the empowerment of starting their own beauty businesses and hands-on creation of their own natural products. In 2011 Beauty That Cares workshops were incorporated into the Girl Scouts curriculum. Dawn knew that as a small business owner it was imperative to maximize various social media platforms and worked to develop social media strategies for Pooka. In March 2012 Dawn was recognized for her social media skills and was blessed to be on the cover of Black Enterprise Magazine!
- Author(s)MS Dawn M Fitch
- Date of Publication19/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Business
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.