All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionEdwina Spinner has lived in the same house for over fifty years. It used to be a busy, crowded family home but w Edwina lives alone and it has grown too big for her. She has decided to sell it. The young estate agent who comes to value the house sees potential. Kck down a few walls, add a wet room. 'People like a project.' But as Edwina takes him from room to room, she is transported back to her old life as a young mother. Back to her first husband Ollie and their twins, Charlie and Rowena. Back to lies and dark secrets and to a stepson whose name Edwina cant even bear to speak aloud. As Edwina's story unravels she is revealed as a complex and intriguing person. Not just the 'frail old lady' trapped in her dated house, but a woman who has lived an extraordinary life, full of love and tragedy. Why is she w so alone? What happened to Edwina's family all those years ago? Moving - Jenny Eclair's fourth vel - reveals a writer at the height of her powers. Gripping, heart-breaking and laced with black humour, it is a vel of family secrets, shocking betrayals and most of all, of home.
- Author BiographyJenny Eclair is the author of four critically acclaimed novels: Camberwell Beauty; Having a Lovely Time; Life, Death and Vanilla Slices and Moving. One of the UK's most popular writer/performers, she was the first woman to win the prestigious Perrier Award and has many TV and radio credits to her name. She lives in South-East London.
- Author(s)Jenny Eclair
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight522 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.