All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionASP .NET plays a core role in the .NET architecture and strategy, including providing the underlying support for Web Services, and allows developers to exploit many of their current skills and experience, but gives them a brand new programming model to work with. It is streamlined, robust, flexible, and powerful - all of the things needed for real-world applications. Moving to ASP .NET provides focused and thorough guidance on creating Web applications using ASP .NET, including both Web Form applications and Web Services. Steve Harris and Rob Macdonald have worked extensively with .NET throughout the Beta program, and have gained real-world experience of creating and implementing ASP .NET applications. This book is targeted at current developers rather than vices, and assumes that readers will gain an understanding of companion techlogies (such as VB .NET and ADO .NET) from other sources. However, appendices have been included that provide a brief review or introduction to each of these. Moving to ASP .NET provides in-depth discussion and examination of the topics that are of interest to current developers, and shows them how to make immediate use of ASP .NET. Topics covered include Web Forms, server-side controls, mobile controls, data access and data binding, XML integration, .NET architecture and configuration, security, state and session management, designing for scalability, and Web Services. Extensive examples are shown throughout the book, and are also available via the Web for readers to access and download.
- Author BiographySteve Harris has worked as an independent software developer, consultant, and trainer for over 17 years, providing expert solutions and advice to a wide variety of organizations and industries across the globe. For more than 10 years, Steve has focused on Windows software development technologies and has become recognized as one of the UK's foremost authorities. In recent years, Steve has delivered enterprise solutions to a diverse range of customers, from police agencies to Formula 1 race teams and constructors. His development projects have involved telephony, hardware control and monitoring, image capture and recognition, plus a variety of Windows- and web-based applications. In 2001, one of Steve's projects was nominated for the prestigious Webby Awards.
- Author(s)Rob Macdonald,Steve Harris
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/04/2002
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight1252 g
- Width190 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.