All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough volumes have been written about the great director D. W. Griffith, he remains one of the most enigmatic figures in cinema history. Even the biographers he chose to chronicle his life were denied access to many facts in his personal history. This book reveals a hereto-unexplored phase of the pioneer director's life that the author maintains would have a profound influence on his work. Based upon solid research, the book t only presents a scholarly analysis of the nexus between Griffith's life experience and his interpretation of women's roles, it also contains within its pages a compelling mystery that will fascinate its readers. With many rare illustrations. Film historian Kevin Brownlow calls it A great discovery about a remarkable, unkwn chapter in D. W. Griffith's early life; biographer Eve Golden says, For those of us who love film history and real-life mysteries, he [William M. Drew] has come up with an irresistible page-turner; and senior lecturer in film at UND Christopher P. Jacobs describes it as Fascinating and meticulously researched look into a long-lost side to Griffith's career and personal life that often reads like a mystery vel.
- Author BiographyWilliam M. Drew, M.A., Summa cum laude, is the author of several books, including D. W. Griffith's 'Intolerance: Its Genesis and Its Vision, Speaking of Silents: First Ladies of the Screen, At the Center of the Frame: Leading Ladies of the Twenties and Thirties, and The Last Silent Picture Show: Silent Films on American Screens in the 1930s. He has written numerous articles for film journals and has been a consultant on film history documentaries.
- Author(s)William M Drew
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight821 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.