All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShabba me whiskers! It's one of those Mr Gum books by Andy Stanton. They're only the craziest, funnest most amazing books for children in the world. Mr Gum and the Dancing Bear Good evening. Do you like bears called Padlock? Course you do. Do you like hot-air balloons? Course you do. Do you like tall sailing ships with mad sea captains, and horrifying old villains and words like 'wab!', 'tungler' and 'kelp'? COURSE you do! Well, guess what, you lucky little nibbleheads? This book's got all of those things - and a lot more besides. It's a rollicker! It's a frolicker! It's a funtime sun-time yollicker! So what you waiting for? GET READING! Mr Gum and the Dancing Bear is the fifth book in the internationally best-selling series by Andy Stanton, which has won everything from the Blue Peter Book Award (twice) the Roald Dahl Funny Prize and the Red House Children's Book Award. Praise for Mr Gum: 'Smooky palooki! This book is well brilliant!' - Jeremy Strong 'Worryingly splendid' - Guardian NOT FOR BORERS!
- Author BiographyAndy Stanton studied English at Oxford but they kicked him out. Before becoming a children's writer he was a film script reader, a market researcher, an NHS lackey, a part-time sparrow and a grape. Today he is best-known for the hilarious and much-loved Mr Gum books, which are published in 34 countries worldwide in over 30 languages. The series has won numerous awards, including the inaugural Roald Dahl Funny Prize, the Red House Children's Book Award and two Blue Peter Book Awards. Featuring a cast of weird and wonderful characters, the brilliantly anarchic Mr Gum adventures have become must-reads for children everywhere. Well, probably not in space - but everywhere else. In 2016, You're A Bad Man, Mr Gum! celebrates its 10th anniversary and will be published as an Egmont Modern Classic. Andy Stanton lives in North London. He has many interests, but best of all he likes books, comedy and music (even jazz). His favourite expression is 'good evening' and his favourite word is 'captain'. So now you know!
- Author(s)Andy Stanton
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication03/07/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleMr Gum
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations, maps
- Weight229 g
- Width131 mm
- Height183 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Tazzyman
- Interest AgeFrom 6
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.39
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.59
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.32
- AU $9.96Trending at AU $14.36
- AU $25.27Trending at AU $27.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.