Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
About this product
- DescriptionYour name is Jack Nobody. Orphaned at the age of five you w live in the workhouse and survive on meagre wages and rations augmented by petty thieving. Still, it's a little better than climbing up chimneys which you had to do previously until you grew too big for that work. Now at the age of nine what are your prospects? Poverty, disease or prison? Until...Fate decides it is time that somebody had a chance of a better life. Apprehended, in the act of picking a pocket, by a captain in the Royal Navy, Jack is given the choice of being handed over to the Bow Street Runners or enlisting in the Navy. He chooses the latter and so commences a new life surrounded by his new family, his comrades-in-arms. He prospers, but Fate hasn't quite finished with him. She guides him, virtually unscathed, through various enemy actions and then, unbekwn to Jack, reunites him with his former life.
- Author BiographyTrevor Towers was born in Brighton, England at the end of World War II. As the son of a naval officer, he spent much of his childhood in Malta, where his father was posted. Trevor cherishes these memories to this day. The family later returned to England and settled in Portsmouth. Trevor attended the Royal Hospital School, also known as 'Holbrook', near Ipswich. It was a boarding school with a strong focus on instilling its pupils with the values and skills necessary for a career in the British Armed Forces. Trevor subsequently spent many years in the Army; his experiences from those days have a strong influence in his writing. He has married twice, and has five sons. Much of Trevor's life has been spent travelling the world or living overseas. Time spent in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Africa and Asia has inspired many of his stories. In 2004, whilst holidaying in Phuket, Thailand, Trevor and his wife Petra were caught in the Boxing Day Tsunami. They were swept away by the full force of the wave that killed so many but miraculously, they survived. Despite their terrifying experience, they fell in love with Thailand and its people, and subsequently settled in Hua-Hin, where they still reside today.
- Author(s)Trevor John Towers
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication29/08/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Out-of-print date01/12/2016
- Weight195 g
- Width123 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.