All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'I really am quite useless as a wizard.' But Class Three thinks Mr Majeika is an excellent wizard, particularly when his spells go wrong! First Hamish Bigmore ends up on TV, then a real giant appears in the school play. And finally Mr Majeika gets the whole class lost on a magic carpet! There's always an adventure with Mr Majeika around...
- Author BiographyHumphrey Carpenter worked at the BBC before becaming a full-time writer in 1975. He was the author of 14 of the well-loved Mr Majeika titles as well as two Shakespeare Without the Boring Bits titles for children. He was also the co-author, with his wife Mari Prichard, of The Oxford Companion to Children's Literature. He was an eminent figure in the world of adult literature and published award-winning biographies including, among others, those of J. R. R Tolkein, C. S. Lewis, W. H. Auden, Benjamin Britten and Spike Milligan. From 1994-1996 he directed the Cheltenham Festival of Literature and for many years he ran a young people's drama group, the Mushy Pea Theatre Company. He wrote plays for radio and theatre and was a regular contributor to the Guardian. Humphrey died in January 2005.
- Author(s)Humphrey Carpenter
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/08/1992
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleMr Majeika
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteb&w line drawings
- Weight74 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Frank Rodgers
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Reading Age7+
- Interest AgeFrom 7
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.