All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe lovable Mr. Popper dreams of being an intrepid Antarctic explorer, living life among the penguins alongside his hero, Admiral Drake. So he is shocked one day when the admiral responds to his fan letter by sending him a real, live penguin! Soon, this penguin is joined by ather and before long Mr. Popper has an ice-rink in the basement and a dozen delightful penguins living in his house. With barely eugh money to feed his family and an increasing demand for raw fish and canned shrimp, what can the wonderfully imaginative Mr. Popper do but train his penguins and then take the show on the road!
- Author BiographyRichard Atwater was a newspaper columnist and also taught Greek at the University of Chicago. He got the idea in 1932, after watching a documentary about Richard E.Byrd's Antarctic expedition but had had only completed the first part when he had a stroke and the book was completed by his wife Florence. They were jointly honoured with the Newbery Medal in 1939.
- Author(s)Florence Atwater,Richard Atwater
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication02/11/1992
- SubjectNovelty & Activity Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown Young Readers
- Content Note36pp of b&w ilus.
- Weight134 g
- Width154 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Robert Lawson
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest Agefrom 9 to 11
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.39
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.32
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $9.96Trending at AU $14.36
- AU $24.31Trending at AU $28.16
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.