All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.73Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionAbe Saffron was one of Australia's most torious and powerful crime figures. Yet, he spent his life denying any involvement in criminal activity, claiming he was just a successful businessman. Sydney knew otherwise. This was the man who controlled the city's underworld with an iron fist.Tony Reeves has been gathering information on Abe Saffron for over forty years. With Saffron's death in September 2006, he can finally and safely reveal all. And what a story it is. Saffron trafficked in drugs, ran prostitution and gambling rings, was t averse to extreme violence and was a master of bribery and a corrupter of police, politicians and the judiciary. The man with a voracious sexual appetite was a real-life Godfather of Australian crimeMr Sin makes for shocking and disturbing reading. It reveals the heart of a vicious world of greed and evil and leaves doubt that Abe Saffron well and truly deserved the moniker, Mr Sin.
- Author BiographyTony Reeves was an investigative reporter of many years standing and winner of the Ned Kelly Award for True Crime for his book Mr Big: the true story of Lennie McPherson and his life in crime. He followed the life of Abe Saffron since the 1960s. Tony worked as a journalist with the ABC, Nation Review, the Sunday Telegraph and the Sunday Australian, all the time peeling away deep layers of untruth to expose the real workings of Australia's underworld. His reporting helped bring about the Moffitt Royal Commission into organised crime.
- Author(s)Tony Reeves
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2007
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width130 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom
Most relevant reviews
- 316414811 Aug, 2017by
Crooked cops and politicians.
Just goes to show how crooked cops and politicians can grow your business, even if it is shady. John Wren wasn't the first, nor will he be the last.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.