CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $32.57Trending at AU $33.46
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.37
- AU $45.13Trending at AU $48.54
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $32.51
- AU $8.65Trending at AU $12.44
- AU $37.17Trending at AU $38.83
- AU $13.89Trending at AU $14.14
About this product
- DescriptionFor chef Matt Wilkinson, vegetables come first. Whether he's cooking in the kitchen of his Melbourne eatery, Pope Joan, or for his young family at home, Matt plans and builds his dishes around the vegetables in season, when they'll taste the best, be cheapest and most readily available. Today too many of us - chefs and home cooks alike - plan our meals around the meat (or protein) and carbohydrate components, letting the vegetables play second fiddle. In this book Matt Wilkinson lets his favourite 24 vegetables take centre stage. This beautifully illustrated book will appeal to vegetarians but it's t a vegetarian cookbook. Among the more than 90 recipes are plenty of dishes incorporating meat but Mr Wilkinson's Favourite Vegetables are the true stars. Key points: beautifully illustrated and designed, this cookbook feels like a contemporary version of an old-fashioned recipe book; tips on growing and cooking every vegetable featured in the recipes; and, step-by-step photographs for selected recipes.
- Author BiographyYorkshire-born, Melbourne-based chef Matt Wilkinson is passionate about food in season, farmers' markets and local producers. As the former head chef at award-winning Melbourne restaurant Circa, The Prince, Wilkinson ushered in an era of organics and garden-to-kitchen rustic fine dining. He now owns and runs Pope Joan in Melbourne's inner northern suburbs, which has a cult following for its fresh, seasonal breakfast, brunch and lunch dishes.
- Author(s)Matt Wilkinson
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Out-of-print date13/10/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1247 g
- Width190 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.