Mr and Mrs Smith Hotel Collection: Australia and New Zealand by Juliet Kinsman, Sophie Davies (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.47+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMr & Mrs Smith are back, and this time they have combed white-sand beaches, climbed sw-capped mountains, camped in sun-drenched deserts, and scoured cosmopolitan cities in pursuit of the sexiest boutique and luxury hotels down under The latest guidebook from the world's boutique travel experts features 33 extra-special properties in Australia and New Zealand. Travellers can choose from a remote tropical island on the Great Barrier Reef; a glamorous safari camp in Australia's Top End; a sophisticated mar in New Zealand's Bay of Islands; and a host of hip city-stays. Each hotel has been visited personally by the Smith team and then reviewed anymously by a local tastemaker, who share an unbridled account of their escape. As well as evocative photographs and entertaining reviews, there are destination guides covering every practicality from getting around to sniffing out the finest vineyards, shops, and galleries, plus in-the-kw details such as the best rooms to book, the top tables in the most special restaurants, and the most secluded beaches. There's even that all-important Smith tidbit, something for thing, where they suggest great gratis activities. Adding to the luxe-for-less theme, each book comes with an exclusive Smith Card entitling holders to a year's free membership, good for upgrades, hotel discounts, exclusive on-arrival gifts, and other life-enhancing extras and money-can't-buy privileges.
- Author BiographyAs Editor-in-Chief of boutique travel specialists Mr & Mrs Smith, Juliet Kinsman's job is to sample the high life in the name of travel-writing duty. She's lucky enough to regularly stay in some of the world's most stylish hotels and special vacation houses so that she can celebrate them in the unique invitation-only hotel collection, and she enjoys evangelizing about hospitality that exemplifies excellent attention to detail and nothing-is-too-much-trouble service. Since her childhood in Manhattan, she's enjoyed extended spells in India, Greece, Africa and Australia, but remains loyal to her West London neighborhood, which she celebrates in her local blog Park Life. In between sharing insider luxury travel secrets with The Times and Elle Decoration she obsesses over punctuation for their coffee-table guidebooks, and has co-presented a TV show for the Discovery Channel called The Smiths' Hotels for 2. Asia-Pacific editor Sophie Davies grew up in Turkey, Indonesia and Iran, exiting stage left during the revolution. After studying at Oxford, she worked as a researcher for Japanese TV, before swapping bento for boy bands with a features gig at Just Seventeen. Having freelanced for Time Out and The Daily Telegraph, she went on to a six-year stint at Elle Decoration, where, as assistant editor, Sophie learned how to spot a good table at 20 paces, and honed her hotel-appreciation skills. When Smith's Melbourne office beckoned, it was time to leave London (and her beloved Arsenal) for pastures new.
- Author(s)Juliet Kinsman,Sophie Davies
- PublisherSpy Publishing Australia
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectWhere to Stay / Where to Eat & Drink
- Place of PublicationFitzroy
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMr & Mrs Smith (Asia Pacific) Pty Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight890 g
- Width200 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.